Blogger vs. WordPress

Saturday, September 02, 2006
Been thinking of moving to wordpress for a while.. worked on it couple of months ago.. created my account there, imported my blogger posts and started trying and testing things for a while. As much as I was happy with some new features, I didn’t like some other stuff about it. On top of them is I’m not free to play with my template code as I want. Felt restricted with only some features I’m having since I’m not having the full wordpress version.

So, I dropped the issue for sometime, not knowing which to choose, each had it’s pros and cons. Now, I’m rethinking the idea again.. may be it’s just for the sake of change.. don’t know. Still, I’m not comfortable with all the restrictions I’m having on wordpress, will be giving up my ticking clock, my daily quote, my moon watch, etc.. but I feel like giving it a try and see how it’s gonna work.

So.. you could find my wordpress blog here.
Would appreciate it if you check it and tell me which do you think is better. Sticking to blogger or going for wordpress?!

For now I’ll keep using blogger till I make up my mind.
 
posted by MoonLightShadow at 12:16 AM, |

8 Comments:

  At 9/02/2006 01:34:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Well, Stay here!
yup blogger all the way
True, wordpress has more templates easy to find by far, and some embedded features. But nothing can compare to having access to the code, so that you can modify it as you wish!
  At 9/02/2006 05:39:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Wordpress is by far better than Blogger (sam3a ya Lasto)
the access to the coed is available only in FREE blogsome webhosting service
because the converted their themes to Smarty and not PHP
i've made a tutorial here
http://blogezay.blogsome.com
Anonymous, thanks for the info. I didn't know that Blogsome enables access to the code. Will be trying Blogsome and see whether it will fulfill my needs or not.
I like and use wordpress even with its restrictions so I would favor going there.

However, I do not like the color scheme or template you chose over at wordpress so my vote is to stay here.
  At 9/03/2006 10:44:00 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
new template :D cool awi.
bossi..I miss reflecting my moods through the different templates. Fa bsara7a don't move...
Apple, so why do you favor wordpress?! what pros that it has over blogger?!
Concerning the template and color scheme this could be changed later, however I'm still thinking of the concept itself to move or not.

Nerro, I'm glad you like the template.. I kinda made a compromise, I chose a WordPress similar template and kept at Blogger.
I've decided that I won't move to WordPress unless I have access to the template code, this leaves me with only one option which is Blogsome which I'm trying right now, though I guess I'll keep at Blogger especially the new Beta version, it's very nice.