How the naive me used to think!!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

In a conversation that I had with my father couple of months ago, I realized that the way I’m thinking doesn’t go well with how life is going.

Our conversation started by me asking him about the roles of the president, and what are the things that he is supposed to do for his people. What I had in mind was, a president is supposed to be serving his people, striving for their welfare. Of course I know that this isn’t what’s going on.. but I was wondering why?!!

So, what brought that to my mind now?! Well, today, on my way home passing beside the Azhar University, I found those people of “el amn el markazy”. It wasn’t the usual number that is there daily. To the extent that some streets were blocked, and all the area was black, coz they were everywhere.

While passing by that area I had that feeling of “I might be shot at any second!!”. “What’s going on?!” I wondered. The first thought that came to my mind was, there must be demonstrations.

Anyways, I’m not talking about demonstrations, I was just wondering isn’t those people who are supposed to be there for our safety, instead they are the people who we need to be guarded from!!
 
posted by MoonLightShadow at 7:13 PM, |

2 Comments:

  At 4/14/2005 08:47:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
know what you are talking about.

I was very confused when I visited south africa, too many police soldiers deployed all over the place made me feel very uncomfortable and unsecure when in fact I was supposed to feel secure because of their presence.

took me a week or so to get used to police are good not bad.
The question would be then.. are those police officers good or bad?!