Finally I submitted the C.V.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Finally I submitted the C.V. yesterday. It was like a nightmare for me.

To start with, I don’t like writing C.Vs , nor do I like interviews. Add to that, I don’t like being pressured to do something I don’t feel like doing. Meaning, currently I’m in the mood of, I need to sit home do nothing. I know later I might not be feeling the same way. So, part of me is blaming the other for procrastinating things.

My dislike for writing a C.V. comes from not liking to pinpoint good things about myself. I know it’s not a good thing. But that’s the way I am. I can’t go on saying I did that and I know how to do this. When I talk with people about it, they keep telling me, don’t underestimate yourself. I don’t know whether I should believe them or not. Are they fooling me by saying I do have a lot in the inside?! And they want me to fool myself. Or what they are saying is true, but I can’t see it?! I don’t know.

I don’t like to under estimate myself, cause she doesn’t deserve that. Nor do I like to fool her, ant tell her you’ve got this and that, while she doesn’t have any.

Anyways, I’m done with that headache of the C.V., waiting for the headache of interviews.
 
posted by MoonLightShadow at 9:32 PM, |

9 Comments:

Most people hate writing CVs and going to interveiws. But you have to know something: people do tend to see the image of you that you show them. If you have a great attitude on the day of the interview - tell yourself you are the best for the job and - and they'll buy it! It doesn't always apply, but is sure helps your moral!
  At 6/14/2005 05:13:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
"My dislike for writing a C.V. comes from not liking to pinpoint good things about myself." -- It is a good thing. Its just not how life works!

Most interviewers know that interviews don't work in determining the best candidate out there. Best thing is to be cool in the interview. If they reject you, they're the losers.
Kayla, I'm not the kind of person that tells herslef I'm the best for the job. They should realize that themselves :D. As Mohamed said, if they reject me, they are the losers ;)
I was just trying to say that people often have the ability of getting you state of mind at some level, not always the conscious level. So, if you are convinced (that is you conclusion) you are the best for the job, they will feel that determination within you, add it to what is written in your CV (which should contain only true facts, but all the true facts) and have better chances to reach the same conclusion you reached...It is about knowing how to market yourself - to make every quality you have work in your favour.
Cross the street, you have a dream. Com'on.

Pinpoint your good qualities. what's wrong with that. You will not be mistaken for an arrogant person, dont worry about that. you will not be liked less for telling and feeling how good you are. dont be silly! :)
I won't be silly.. I'll be crossing the street ;)
  At 6/17/2005 03:04:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
You will not be liked less for telling how good you are for sure, and you will not be mistaken for an arrogant person, even if you are arrogant. But.. you will not feel good about yourself.
Mohamed, I'm not feeling good in both cases. I don't feel good about myself underestimating her as well.
You can publish it on your blog as well but without the phone numbers and address for sure.