Conferences.. Conferences..

Monday, March 07, 2005
Today I was supposed to attend the last day of the second International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Information Systems (ICICIS).
It’s was organized by our faculty. But unfortunately I overslept and didn't go.

I thought no problem.. I’ve attended it yesterday.. and the benefit was nothing. Thinking about that, brought me to another question.. why do I care that much and attend such conferences, though I know that the moment the session ends.. I remember nothing of what was said!! So why do I attend?! Is it coz I don’t like missing things?! But still I attended, I got nothing, and I wasted my time.

It has been always the case for me.. I don’t know what to choose and what to leave.

But u know.. there is smth else that irritated me in that conference specifically. Our beloved professors made it obligatory for us to attend.. hehe.. they said they are gonna take the attendance there :S
What is that?!! Is it a matter of filling spaces with us and that’s it?!! why make a conference in the first place, and there is no benefit out of it.. what a mentality!!
 
posted by MoonLightShadow at 1:41 PM, |

1 Comments:

Unfortunately it’s really the case ya bluelue.. talking about these conferences and lectures that r supposed to be activities for the students, it’s only now I knew why no one attend such things.